Garage Door Security02/23/2014 Back To Blog
Most homeowners know well what they must do before they leave for their summer vacations but hardly remember that most intruders attempt to break in from the garage door. There are a few simple actions you can take to protect your property and keep thieves away. After all, they are only opportunists who are trying to find weak, loose and damaged garage doors and you shouldn't indulge their appetites.
Improve your garage door security with low cost
- Regular garage door service is the best old fashioned recipe. It's the best and most successful way to keep all parts in perfect condition.
- Take care of occasional problems today. Don't wait till tomorrow, especially if the problem is directly associated with the security of your house. Though, you need to remember that each garage door repair demands good preparation, good tools and knowledge.
- You can install a camera and activate the alarm system. You can post some signs warning about the presence of high security lock systems.
- Ask a friend, who might check on your house while you are gone, to open the garage door, too. It's good to give evidence of movements in the house.
- If you leave your car behind parked in the garage, don't leave the keys and garage opener remote in plain sight.
- Make sure the door, which connects garage and home, is locked properly.
- You must remember that you cannot leave some tasks for the last minute. If you detect sudden problems with the mechanism, you must take care of the service immediately. You cannot go away leaving behind a door, which doesn't close properly on the ground. You must detect the origins of the problems and fix all urgent issues before you go away just to have peace of mind when you are enjoying your leave from work.